The term ‘Joseph Bonnar, Jewellers’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website, Joseph Bonnar, company registration number SC101137 and whose registered office is :
72 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. These terms and conditions of use may be revised by us at any time. You should check this page on every usage of this site to take notice of any changes that have been made.
For the purposes of General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018) the Data Controller is Joseph Bonnar, Jewellers of:
72 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN.
Joseph Bonnar, Jewellers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will inform you of those changes to ensure we retain your consent.
A hard copy is available on request.
When completing a transaction, pursuing an order or researching a request we may collect the following information:
Name, address, telephone number, and demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
When you access the website, we recognise only your domain name and not your email address. We will only see your email address if you send us an email using the email link on the website, and identifiable information such as specific interests will only be collected through direct emails initiated by you.
We use any information you give us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
internal record keeping;
to improve our products and services;
to provide information to you that you may have requested;
to send promotional letters or emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address, telephone number or postal address which you have provided.
All information gathered during visits to the store or by telephone is stored on a secure server or as hard copies in a secure office.
The internet is not a secure medium. Save in so far as otherwise stated within the Terms and Conditions of Use we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We are committed to protecting your personal data, but we cannot guarantee its security during transmission to us. Once under our care, data is stored on a secure server or as hard copies in a secure office.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by writing to us at 72 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Under the terms of General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018) you also have the ‘right to be forgotten’.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 72 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and which may collect information about your usage of websites, such as time spent on the website, pages visited, language preferences, and other traffic data. Cookies contain no personally identifiable information and in no way give access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use and navigate this website. We analyse these findings so that we may improve the site by adding new features and content, and by removing unused functionality, to improve your experience.
By using this website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. You can control the way in which cookies are used by altering your browser settings. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to reject cookies. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, this may affect the functioning of our website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Joseph Bonnar Jewellers takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- While we endeavour to keep the information on this website accurate and up to date, we shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, price changes or changes in availability of stock.
- While we are happy to accept enquiries from you in relation to stock listed on this website it is not possible for you to purchase an item of stock through this website. Any correspondence, including any enquiry by you and subsequent email or electronic correspondence entered into between Joseph Bonnar Jewellers and you does not constitute an order acceptance or confirmation.
- Where an item of stock you enquire about is unavailable we will contact you to advise of either (i) a time where the item of stock may become available or (ii) to offer you a similar alternative. The decision as to whether the option is (i) or (ii) is at our sole discretion.
- The items contained on this website are representative of our collection. Not all our stock is shown on this website. Please note that the colour of a product may vary due to your monitor’s display and settings. All dimensions and carat weights shown on this site are indicative and may vary from item to item.
- The items displayed on this website are not shown to actual size nor are their images binding as to detail. Some items may appear slightly larger or smaller than actual size due to screen defaults and photography techniques. Other items may be represented at a larger than actual size in order to clearly show details, or smaller than actual size in order to show the entire item, and your attention is drawn to the item details and content where given.
- The information contained in this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, prices, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, prices or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Credit card or debit card details will not be accepted through this website or by email. Any credit card or bank card details provided by you through this website are done so at your own risk. Joseph Bonnar Jewellers shall in no way be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with you sending credit or debit card details by email. Information transmitted to Joseph Bonnar Jewellers through this website or by email is not encrypted and could be intercepted by third parties or electronically delivered to parties other than the addressee.
- This website and its content is copyright of Joseph Bonnar Jewellers or its suppliers and reproduction is only permitted in accordance with the following terms: You may view the website and download any part(s) of it to a personal computer for private viewing for private and non-commercial purposes. You may not (i) store it (or any part of it) other than for the purposes set out in this paragraph, (ii) print out copies except for your own personal viewing for private purposes, or (iii) reproduce, copy or transmit it (or any part of it) in any other way for any purpose or in any other medium, without our prior written permission. You may not alter the content in any way.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the photographs, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites which are not under the control of Joseph Bonnar Jewellers. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland. The Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this site. If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid, the rest of them shall remain valid and enforceable.