Joseph Bonnar Jewellers Website Terms and Conditions:
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Joseph Bonnar Jewellers takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Goods and Pricing:
- While we endeavour to keep the information on this website accurate and up to date, we shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, price changes or changes in availability of stock.
- While we are happy to accept enquiries from you in relation to stock listed on this website it is not possible for you to purchase an item of stock through this website. Any correspondence, including any enquiry by you and subsequent email or electronic correspondence entered into between Joseph Bonnar Jewellers and you does not constitute an order acceptance or confirmation.
- Where an item of stock you enquire about is unavailable we will contact you to advise of either (i) a time where the item of stock may become available or (ii) to offer you a similar alternative. The decision as to whether the option is (i) or (ii) is at our sole discretion.
- The items contained on this website are representative of our collection. Not all our stock is shown on this website. Please note that the colour of a product may vary due to your monitor’s display and settings. All dimensions and carat weights shown on this site are indicative and may vary from item to item.
-The items displayed on this website are not shown to actual size nor are their images binding as to detail. Some items may appear slightly larger or smaller than actual size due to screen defaults and photography techniques. Other items may be represented at a larger than actual size in order to clearly show details, or smaller than actual size in order to show the entire item, and your attention is drawn to the item details and content where given.
- The information contained in this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, prices, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
-Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
-Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, prices or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
-In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
-Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Credit card or debit card details will not be accepted through this website or by email. Any credit card or bank card details provided by you through this website are done so at your own risk. Joseph Bonnar Jewellers shall in no way be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with you sending credit or debit card details by email. Information transmitted to Joseph Bonnar Jewellers through this website or by email is not encrypted and could be intercepted by third parties or electronically delivered to parties other than the addressee.
- This website and its content is copyright of Joseph Bonnar Jewellers or its suppliers and reproduction is only permitted in accordance with the following terms: You may view the website and download any part(s) of it to a personal computer for private viewing for private and non-commercial purposes. You may not (i) store it (or any part of it) other than for the purposes set out in this paragraph, (ii) print out copies except for your own personal viewing for private purposes, or (iii) reproduce, copy or transmit it (or any part of it) in any other way for any purpose or in any other medium, without our prior written permission. You may not alter the content in any way.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the photographs, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites which are not under the control of Joseph Bonnar Jewellers. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland. The Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this site. If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid, the rest of them shall remain valid and enforceable.
Joseph Bonnar is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Joseph Bonnar may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information that we collect:
- When you access the website we recognise only your domain name and not your email address. We will only see your email address if you send us an email using the email link on the website.
- We may collect the following information:
Name and any other personally identifiable information about yourself including address, telephone number if you email us using our email link or otherwise by voluntarily conveying such information to us.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather:
We use any information that you give us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Provide information to you that you may have requested or information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
The internet is not a secure medium. Save in so far as otherwise stated within the Terms and Conditions of Use we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by writing to us at 72 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 72 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Return to the website.
Joseph Bonnar Jewellers, 72 Thistle Street Edinburgh, EH2 1EN. Telephone: 0131 226 2811.
Hours of Business: 10.30am – 5.00pm, Tuesday – Saturday.